It's important to know most Blu-rays are in the "frame packed" format and HTC Vive goes with 3D Blu-ray technology involved. To work this out, the only route is to rip 3D Blu-rays to HTC Vive supported file type. To finish this task, a professional 3D Blu-ray ripper is needed.
Here and Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is your best choice, it will save your waiting time when converting Blu-ray to 3D for HTC Vive within minutes by 6X fast-mode NVIDIA CUDA speed-up technology and its preset VR profile.
Moreover, with its build-in editor, you could get more shining effects, crop frame size, trim video, merge segments video and more. For Win users, please turn to Dimo Video Converter Ultimate, which shares the features with Mac version. Couldn't wait for viewing 3D Blu-ray on HTC Vive? Then, go to download the right version and follow the workflow as below.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-77376153.html
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/digazgge.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Downloads/Audio-Multimedia/Rippers-Converters/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for_46665.html
- Directoryofshareware Download:http://www.directoryofshareware.com/preview/dimo_video_converter_ultimate_for_mac/
- Fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
Step 1: Insert 3D Blu-ray disc into your external BD driver, and launch the 3D Blu-ray ripping software. After importing, click "Add Blu-ray" to load your movies.
Step 2: Go to the "Select Format" bar and follow the path "Device" > "VR" > "HTC Vive".
Then follow "Edit" >"3D" > "left-right" or "top-bottom" > "OK".
Tip: If you like, you can click "Settings" to adjust the output video parameters including video encoder, resolution (Most VR resolution at present is 720P), bitrate, frame rate (the higher the better to avoid dizzy, and the highest framerate Dimo supported is 60 pfs). For watching Blu-ray/DVD to VR headset, "MP4 side-by-side 3D Video(*.mp4)" from "3D Video" garage is the best suitable choice after we tested.
Step 3. Hit the "Start" button; this Ripper will start to convert Blu-ray to SBS 3D MP4 for HTC Vive. After conversion, connect the USB drive with computer and head to the destination folder where the converted files are stored (under"Open" button). After that, transfer them to HTC VR headset and play with 3D Video Player app. Now, just enjoy.
What the VR players available for playing 3D videos on HTC Vive?
If you don't like to watch 3D Blu-ray on HTC Vive VR, then you could go to the store and download Whirligig Player and Publisher for windows, both support the Vive, OSVR and any other devices that steamVR choose to support in the near future.
Still have trouble about ripping Blu-ray to 3D videos on HTC Vive VR? Please feel free to Email Us.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Fix Gear VR MKV playback no sound issue
- Best VR Video Converter for VR conversion
- Guide for viewing 2D/3D movies on VR Box via iPhone
- How to Get DVD movies onto HTC Vive for enjoyment
- How can I Rip DVD for Watching on Samsung Gear VR
- Watch Any 3D Content on Oculus Rift CV1 in Oculus Video